BBC Conference 2005
The timetable for the BBC Divisional Conference 2005 has been issued.
The National Executive Committee has authorised the holding of the BBC Divisional Conference on Friday 3 June 2005 before the main BECTU Annual Conference in Liverpool.
|16 February 2005||Closing date for receipt of propositions.|
|13 April 2005||Closing date for receipt of amendments to propositions, nominations to BBC Divisional Committee and nominations to BBC Standing Orders Committee.|
|3 June 2005||BBC Divisional Conference 2004, Liverpool.|
Delegates to the BBC Divisional Conference will be in accordance with BECTU Rule 31(m). Where members of the BBC Divisional Committee are attending Annual Conference as delegates, Branches may send replacement representatives to the Conference.
The matters which may be discussed by the BBC Divisional Conference are set out in BECTU Rule 31(c):
- pay, conditions of service and grading of members in the Division and the method of securing the acceptance thereof by members affected;
- matters affecting the organisation, working conditions and staffing of members in the Division;
- policy on professional standards, current industrial practice and future developments that directly affect the members of the Division;
- proposals on these matters put forward by employers;
- the co-ordination of industrial strategy and the creation of industrial policies affecting members of the Division;
- business arising out of these matters referred to it by the branches in the Division or Sub-Division and by area committees;
- matters referred to the Division by the National Executive Committee and by Conference;
- matters arising out of the Divisional Conference.
Amended 8 December 2004
Amended 14 December 2004