BBC Conference 2010
The timetable for the next BBC Divisional Conference, to be held in May 2010, has been issued.
Branch delegates from across the Corporation will be attending the Conference, which will debate:
- The union's BBC Divisional Committee report to Conference.
- Policy motions (propositions) submitted by both BBC Branches and the BBC Divisional Committee.
|3 February 2010||Receipt of propositions at BECTU Head Office.|
|17 March 2010||Receipt of amendments to propositions and nominations to the BBC Standing Orders Committee and BBC Divisional Committee at BECTU Head Office.|
|23 April 2010||Conference agenda published to Branches.|
|16 May 2010||BBC Divisional Conference 2010, De Vere Royal Bath Hotel, Bournemouth.|
Delegates and Rules
Delegates to the BBC Divisional Conference will be in accordance with BECTU Rule 31(m). Where members of the BBC Divisional Committee are attending Annual Conference as delegates, Branches may send replacement representatives to the Conference.
The matters which may be discussed by the BBC Divisional Conference are set out in BECTU Rule 31(c):
- pay, conditions of service and grading of members in the Division and the method of securing the acceptance thereof by members affected;
- matters affecting the organisation, working conditions and staffing of members in the Division;
- policy on professional standards, current industrial practice and future developments that directly affect the members of the Division;
- proposals on these matters put forward by employers;
- the co-ordination of industrial strategy and the creation of industrial policies affecting members of the Division;
- business arising out of these matters referred to it by the branches in the Division or Sub-Division and by area committees;
- matters referred to the Division by the National Executive Committee and by Conference;
- matters arising out of the Divisional Conference.